Latest News Posts
After considering all of the feedback given to us on our feedback polls over the previous seasons, along with a considerable amount of internal feedback, we are trialing a large amount of beneficial changes that will hopefully improve every format, while putting more focus back on our roots, which is Highlander. All of the changes can be found on the season pages, and are also documented on a lot of our recent posts.
Due to the delay on signups this time around, we are adding an extra week to signups, and pushing the entire season back a week. This is only really possible because our seasons are now 4 weeks shorter. These new dates can be seen below:
- Signups open > 15th September
- Signups close > 4th October
- Regular Season starts > 7th October
- Regular Season ends > 22nd November
- Playoffs Season starts > 25th November
- Playoffs Season ends > 13th December
Before we get started, the Respawn League staff team would like to thank everybody for the previous season. Without your participation the league’s growth wouldn’t be possible. There is a lot of new and exciting changes on the way for this season, which means this post will be packed with information. To cater for this, we will be doing a small stream tonight (30th) at 8PM AEST to clear up some confusion, an edited version of this will also go live on our YouTube.
Tune into this over at twitch.tv/respawnleague
We have received questions regarding splitting the division of AUS/NZ Highlander since the inception of Respawn League. To shine a light on the topic, AUS/NZ Highlander will be split into two divisions for this upcoming season - provided 16 teams sign up. ASIA Highlander, along with all other formats, will remain one division. The divisions will be named Premier, and Main, respectively. Premier will feature a Round Robin format over the traditional Swiss System. Main will remain under the Swiss System, but we are introducing new scoring and weekly match changes to improve upon our current system.
Season Structure changes
Amongst the changes, the length of the Regular Season and Playoffs Season will be shortened to reflect Division and System changes. The Regular Season will now run 7 weeks rather than 8, and the Playoffs Season will be shorter as only the Top 4 teams will get into Playoffs. There will no longer be any mid-season breaks either, so with all of these changes the entirety of a season will now run for 10 weeks over the original 13 weeks.
Scoring, Brackets, Matches & Match Days, etc.
With the changes in season length and divisions being split, we have made additional changes to how each match will be played, the Tiebreakers we use, as well as how we award points. All changes beyond this point will apply to every format. A summarisation of the changes can be found below:
- Tiebreakers are now Median buchholz, Round score sum and Round wins in that order
- Official matches will now feature two maps, which have the possibility to end in draws
- Playable Match Days are reduced from 6 to 5, with the available days being Monday-Friday
- In hopes to decrease the amount of disputes regarding scheduling matches, the default match day is now Wednesday 8pm
- A/D and Payload will have one round played in a match
- KOTH will be first to 3 Round Wins
- 5CP is capped to 30 minutes, highest rounds wins by time limit or golden cap scenario
- Max roster size is being lowered from 17 to 15
- Mercenary rules are being made significantly more lenient, for example: the new mercenary limit per season is 10
- All mercenaries are required to have registered league accounts
What is happening to 4v4?
Following the post-season poll, there was an even split among all of the options. So, going into this season, 4v4 in AUS/NZ and ASIA will be combined to 4v4 APAC, and the games will be played on Perth servers. Server choice is negotiable provided the teams are based in the same region (e.g. 2 Australian teams can play on a Sydney server)
After this upcoming season of 4v4, we will be investigating other seasonal league, or tournament options. More information will be released at a later date.
Highlander Map Pool
With Highlander in both regions having two maps per match each week, we have added some more maps to the pool, the schedule can be seen below:
W1: Upward, Proside
W2: Logjam, Badwater
W3: Badwater, Vanguard
W4: Vanguard, Borneo
W5: Swiftwater, Product
W6: Product, Steel
W7: Upward, Ashville
Unbanned Pomson 6000
Banned Sydney Sleeper
Unbanned Bazaar Bargain
Banned Sydney Sleeper
Common Name/s: Josh / Chase That Feeling
Ban Period: 2 year Community and Competitive ban
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:46628319
Discord ID: 204490020914987008
The above user has been found to infringe on our Competitive and Community rulesets, along with our Infractions, which has resulted in a 2 year Community and Competitive ban from Respawn League. Furthermore, they will be placed on permanent probation henceforth.
- Clause 3.9: Associated Punishments of the Competitive ruleset
- Clause 2: Community guidelines
- Accumulating over 120 infraction points
Should ANY team or user be found trying to harbour this user for the period of their ban, they will receive equal or worse punishment. Respawn League will not tolerate this level of poor behaviour and lack of compassion.
To the teams who have placed first in each region and format, congratulations! We would also like to take this chance to thank and congratulate the Runner-Ups and Participants. Without you guys, this league wouldn't be possible. These winners and runner-ups can be seen below:
- Red Pandas
- Atomic Affinity
- Aim on Point
- Popcorn Time!!
- Reciprocals Respawn
- Midget Apples
For all those who will no doubt ask, ALL badges will be distributed in the next two weeks. Please let us know if you do not have your badge or have not received it by the 8th of September. You can do this via contacting us through #admin-support in our Discord.
It’s been a while since we’ve done a proper update or announcement on any changes. In fact, it’s been a while since we have made changes, but boy do we have a heap of changes on the way. We will let you know more about these changes in the coming days, but first we want to ask you what you think of some of them, and ask how you feel about the formats we run!
You can find the poll below, but first I thought we would tease some of these upcoming changes:
- Divisions for AUS/NZ Highlander will be split into Premier (Round Robin) & Main (Swiss), will also have two divisional administrators per division
- Regular season will last 7 weeks, Playoffs for each division will be Top 4 teams, meaning Playoffs will be shorter and less stressful
- No mid-season breaks
- Less restrictive whitelist
- Two maps (or sets) per week - one half per map. Time wise both are close to the same, but this allows us to give a better and more accurate score system by removing any need for Total Map Points
- Match Days are being lowered to 5 over 6, more information in the poll
- New default match day and time (used only in match disputes)
- Roster size changes along with more lenient mercenary rules
- Public facing staff roles (eg. Administrators & Discord) will be less confusing, will now follow Head Admin > Admins > Tournament Staff > Pug Runners
- League Pugs are making a return
- 10 maps in map pool, with 4 being played twice in a regular season
We would also like to give you some notice of the schedule of this season:
- Signups open > 8th September
- Signups close > 27th September
- Regular Season starts > 30th September
- Regular Season ends > 15th November
- Playoffs Season starts > 18th November
- Playoffs Season ends > 6th December
Also another notice, sometime after the AUS/NZ HL Grand Finals this season, the website will be down for maintenance, and will be moved to a new box, along with a bunch of upgrades to the site as well.